Canvas relies on course listing and enrollment data from the University registrar offices. Courses and enrollments must first be loaded in the registrar's system (Banner/MyAccess) before they appear in Canvas.
Are you Missing course(s) in Canvas?
If you login to Canvas and do not see a course you are teaching, check to verify that you are the course instructor in MyAccess.
If you cannot login to MyAccess, or your course enrollment is missing in MyAccess please contact:
- Main Campus and School of Continuing Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-687-4020
- School of Medicine: email@example.com or 202-687-1856
- Georgetown Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to note:
- Changes to the registrar's system are not immediately reflected in Canvas, and will be present by next business day.
- Instructors in Canvas can manually add co-instructors to a course. This is handy when a co-instructor does not need to report final grades to MyAccess, but needs the role of instructor in the Canvas course site.
When will my course site be created?
Canvas course sites are created prior to the beginning of each semester according to the following schedule:
• November 1: Spring course sites are created
• March 1: Summer course sites are created
• May 15: Fall course sites are created
For example, on November 1, Canvas course sites will be created for the upcoming Spring semester.
Things to note:
- Course sites added to the registrar's system after the dates above will appear in Canvas the following business day.
- Once students begin to register for courses using the registrar's system, it can take anywhere from six to nine hours before their enrollments are reflected in Canvas.
Please access the Registrar's Academic Calendar for specific dates for each term, school, campus or program.
How do I request a non-registrar canvas course site?
To request a Canvas course site that is NOT automatically coming to Canvas from the Registrar's system and does NOT have automated student enrollments tied to the Registrar's (Banner/MyAccess) system, please click here.
NOTE: this above form should ONLY be used for manually-created Canvas sites and not for sites that should be coming into Canvas from the Registrar's system.