Canvas relies on course listing and enrollment data from the University registrar offices. Courses and enrollemts must first be loaded in the registrar's system (Banner/MyAccess) before they appear in Canvas.
Are you Missing course(s) in Canvas?
If you login to Canvas and do not see a course you are teaching, check to verify that you are the course instructor in MyAccess.
If your enrollment is missing or your course is not listed in MyAccess, please contact:
- Main Campus and School of Continuing Studies: email@example.com or 202-687-4020
- School of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-687-1856
- Georgetown Law: email@example.com
Things to note:
- Changes to the registrar's system are not immediately reflected in Canvas, and will be present by next business day.
- Instructors in Canvas can add co-instructors to a course. This is handy when a co-instructor does not need to be listed in the registrar's system, but needs the role of instructor for the course (e.g. colleague or staff member assisting with the course).
When will my course site be created?
Canvas course sites are created prior to the beginning of each semester according to the following schedule:
• November 1: Spring course sites are created
• March 1: Summer course sites are created
• May 15: Fall course sites are created
For example, on November 1, Canvas course sites will be created for the upcoming Spring semester.
Things to note:
- Course sites added to the registrar's system after the dates above will appear in Canvas the following business day.
- Once students begin to register for courses using the registrar's system, it can take anywhere from six to nine hours before their enrollments are reflected in Canvas.
Please access the Registrar's Academic Calendar for specific dates for each term, school, campus or program.
How do I request a canvas course site that is NOT in the Registrar's system?
To request a Canvas course site that is not in the registrar's system please click here.