The following instructions will help you add a banner to your Canvas course and have it appear as the Home Page of your course. The Home Page is the first page you and your students see when entering your Canvas course.
1) You will need to create a new Page in your Canvas course. You can do that by clicking on Pages from your course menu.
2) Then select + Pages icons to create a page.
3) Click the images tab on the right hand side and click on Upload a new image.
4) Locate your Banner file on your computer, and click open, then click upload.
5) Ensure your Banner is sized and aligned correctly on the page, then click on Save and Publish at the bottom of the page.