h.print will replace outdated printers, and bring modern print capabilities – like secure print, and mobile print. Additionally, this upgraded print service is more environmentally friendly and under one contract for all of Georgetown – saving the University almost $5 million dollars over the next five years.
Needless to say, we are excited to bring this new and improved service to GU! UIS and Xerox recently began rolling out these new services as part of an ongoing 18-month, department-by-department rollout plan.
More About Improved Services:
- Replacement of Old Printers – We will be standardizing with newer, faster, and more reliable printer models replacing very old equipment that often needed repair.
- Installation of Shared Department Printers – Xerox will provide Georgetown University with centrally located multifunction printers equipped with the latest technology, as well as a service agreement to provide enhanced customer support. If a printer is temporarily unavailable, you can easily send your print job to another printer with the same capabilities.
- Improved Printer Maintenance and Supply Delivery – Xerox will proactively monitor printers, and send service alerts directly to the Xerox Help Desk. In addition, Xerox will monitor and deliver consumables (e.g. toner cartridges) before they run out to ensure supplies are always available (departments are still responsible for paper). Desktop Printers will not be addressed until future phases of h.print.
- Increased Eco-Friendly Printing – Xerox Eco-friendly printers use less power, have lower emissions, require less space and use fewer supplies (paper and toner).
- Improved Security – All new devices will have an optional ‘secure print’ capability to manage printing of confidential information improving Georgetown University’s information security. In addition, with Image Overwrite, confidential data is kept safe by electronically “shredding” information stored on a device’s hard disk.