Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides tools to deliver your course content online such as PDFs, documentation, and presentations and can be used to gather student work via online submissions.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com
Canvas Homepage (click on the Login link)
Help & Resources
TRAINING SESSIONS AND LIVE WEBINARS
- Canvas Online Training (by Instructure) and [CLICK HERE for session descriptions]
- Canvas Training (by UIS)
Getting Started with Canvas
- Login to Canvas (click on the Login link)
- Example Courses in Canvas
- Overview of the Canvas Interface
- Change your Canvas Account Settings
- Best Practices for Creating your Canvas Course
- Instructor Orientation (Colorado State University site)
Migrate Content and Manage your Course
- What are the steps for migrating a course from Blackboard?
- How do I change the Course Home Page in Canvas?
- How do I use Course Settings?
- How do I Cross-List (Combine) Courses?
- How do I copy content between two Canvas course sites?
Adding Course Content
- What are the differences between Pages & Modules?
- How do I create a new Page?
- How do I create a new Module?
- How do I add files?
- How do I add a course banner to the Home Page of my Canvas site?
- Using Lecture Capture (Echo360) with Canvas
- Using Sharestream with Canvas
- Using VoiceThread with Canvas
- Using Web Conferencing (Zoom) with Canvas
Assignments and Assessments
- Assignments Overview
- How do I create a Quiz?
Calendar, People, and Communication Tools
- How do I use the Calendar in Canvas?
- How do I add people to my course? (Georgetown-specific instructions: visual guide)
- How do I add people to my course? (video)
- How do I add people to my course? (guide)
- Communication Tools Overview
- How do I view my course as a student?
- Grade Book Overview
- How do I download and/or upload a spreadsheet of the Gradebook in my Canvas site?
Additional Tools and Content
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering
- Follett BryteWave
- Place links to Lynda.com content in your Canvas course
- Place the University Policies page in your Canvas course
- Users cannot access certain Georgetown Library resources off campus
Size Limits and Quotas
Non-registrar sites, Organization sites, and sandbox sites in Canvas
- Request a Canvas site for a course that is not in the University Registrar's system
- Request a Canvas site for an organization
- Request a Sandbox Canvas site
- Course Analytics Overview
- How do I view Analytics for a course?
- How do I view Analytics for a student in my course?