If you obtained a new device, such as the latest model iPhone, that replaces another device you owned and that you registered in your Duo account, and if the new device has the same phone number as the older device, then you’ll need to register, or reactivate, the new device.
Note: You’ll need to have added a secondary device, such as a landline desk phone, to your Duo account to reactivate your device. If you haven’t previously added a secondary device, contact the Service Center (202-687-4949; firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- Go to the Georgetown application you want to access (e.g., Google Apps, GU Box, GMS), and then enter your NetID and password.
- In the Duo screen, click on the link My Settings & Devices.
- In the My Settings & Devices screen, select the secondary device you added to your Duo account. If the secondary device is a landline phone, as shown in the example below, click Call Me.
- Go through the Duo authentication process using the secondary device to access your Duo settings.
- In the next Duo screen, click Device Options for the device you’re reactivating.
- In the next Duo screen, click Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Select the phone type for your new device, and then click Continue.
- Install the Duo Mobile app. After you install the app, you should see the following screen on your device:
- From the Duo screen on your computer, click I have Duo Mobile installed.
The following screen will be displayed:
- Tap on the plus sign from the screen (shown in step 8) on your device, and then hold your device up to the bar code (as if you were taking a picture of it) so that your device’s camera can scan the bar code.
If Duo scanned the bar code successfully, you'll see a check mark on the bar code, as shown below. Click Continue. Your device should now be added to your Duo account.
- Select your new device from the Default Device drop-down (to set up it up as the default device you’ll use to authenticate), and then click Save.
- Click Continue to Login.
- In the next screen, click Send Me a Push. (Notice that your newly added device ["iOS" in the example below] is shown in the Device field.) Then go through the Duo authentication process to access the application.